Friday, July 27, 2012

Imaginary classroom project #1

If you've been following me for awhile, you know I'm on Canadian Maternity leave, and don't have a class to prepare for this year. But that isn't stopping me from imagining what I'd like to do in my future class.

Today I was thinking about the crate seats everyone is making, and I've wondered in the past how easy it would be to beg a set of crates from the milk man. Then just now I was reading Nancy at First Grade Wow's post about making hers with buckets she found at Lowe's. So that got me thinking about how I could make that project even cheaper.

How?

Do you have a cat?
I don't, but mom does, and for awhile she's been buying the buckets of kitty litter instead of the bags because they work out cheaper, and are easier to use with no mess. When she empties a bucket she stacks them inside each other and has quite the collection. We're currently using one as a garbage pail in our bathroom. (Don't worry, it doesn't look tacky. We took the label and handle off and it blends right in).

My idea?
Take six of these buckets, remove the labels and turn them into seats!

And just like Nancy said, great for storage, yay!!


To This!


If anyone uses this idea, I'd love to see how it turned out!

EDIT: Search Kitty Litter Seats on Pinterest, there are a LOT of samples now of people who FLEW with this idea.





********************************************************
Have something you'd like me to blog about, or are interested in guest blogging? Please comment below.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom? 
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 

Letter Reversal Bundle



Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...