Sunday, March 17, 2013

Do you use your students names in questions?

I liked to use my students names in tests throughout the year and as part of spelling word sentences during the test. I was taught that it made them feel good.
What are your thoughts? Do you use student names on worksheets and as examples?


***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Superhero Classroom Posters FREEBIE

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


2 comments:

  1. I use my students names in math word problems. I try to use everyone's name at least once. They like it, but I think this is because I try to personalize the problems. If I have a student who plays guitar, I make it a question about them going to guitar lessons, or learning to play a song, etc. They ask for when it will be their turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used students' names in my math problems and language activities last year during my contract too. It's such a big deal for them and I agree that it makes them feel important. Besides, I'm not creative enough to come up with different names than the ones I already have in my classroom! :P

    Renee
    The Adventures of an Occasional Teacher

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...