Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sneak Peak #2: Superhero stuff

I've been in my room almost all week and I'd like to Give you a sneak peak of a few of my elements this year. I'll do a full reveal when I'm done everything!

I originally planned to hang these guys from my ceiling but decided the day I brought them into the school that they'd look better on the upper bulletin boards and walls, and my door. You'll see that tomorrow though. I used my two-year-old daughter as my template, but she wiggles, so I had to do a lot of trimming. lol.

I was inspired to do these by a few sources I found on Pinterest as well as by School Girl Style. I ordered by 5 lanterns from Partys R Us and made the masks myself by tracing the one surviving silver mask from last year onto black poster board and tying it onto the lantern with some pink ribbon. The other four colours are red, yellow, blue and green.

All of my bulletin boards are covered in this awesome bulletin board paper from Scholars Choice. Can you see the alphabet pennant on it? I'll do a close-up post later about my word wall, but I printed two to a page from Twinkl. If you haven't checked out the awesome resources on this British site, you have to stop what you're doing right now!

For my nameplates, I tried to design my own, but got sidetracked through Pinterest on TPT by Sarah Rucker and found these totally adorable nameplates. I only had to take a black marker and put black lines on one short end of each. Maybe it was my printer though...


Check back tomorrow for more of my preparations!




***********************************************************
If you would like to guest blog or would like me to guest post on your blog, please comment or send me an email.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Reading with Mrs D



Today's featured resource: 
28 Summer Scrambled Sentences PLUS Recording Pages

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...