Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Guided Reading Area

Doing Guided Reading is my favourite part of teaching reading.

Behind my table, I have this large bulletin board where I put posters I refer to A LOT throughout the year. 

The yellow one is one I made to resemble the Shape-Go-Map our district uses to guide students through what they need to be able to remember when retelling a fiction text. What my students last year had the hardest time remembering was stopping to tell me WHO was the story about. They lost some pretty easy points by just starting with "He had a Dog", for example, even though it's the first point of the triangle.

The 8 animal posters I can't remember where I got these from (and would love a link to share with others). These posters are very useful when showing students what skill they need to practice when reading new texts. Right now I'm focusing on "Eagle Eye".

The large and Small Superhero posters are my Superhero versions of Reading Power by Adrienne Gear.  I mostly use reading power doing Guided reading, I feel these skills are mostly relevant here, but I do mini lessons, whole class, as well.
EDIT- These Posters are available in my opt-in Freebie Vault



***********************************************************
If you are interested in being a guest blogger, or would like me to guest post on your blog, please comment below or email me. I would LOVE to collaborate.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
product_0

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...