Sunday, June 5, 2016

Book Connections: Sleep Books

I previously posted about finding a set of unexpected book connections in my class this past year, and since I love finding books that can be read together and compared/contrasted, I was surprised when I dug into my collection of childrens books and found an OBVIOUS pair from books from  my own 80's childhood.

I would have to say that Robert Munsch is one of my absolute favourite books from my childhood. And Mercer Mayer would be a close second, lol.

Have you read these?


Mortimer is about a little boy who can't fall asleep, and so keeps singing a loud obnoxious song at the top of his lungs. His family keeps running up the stairs trying to get him to be quiet, and chaos ensues!

Just go to Bed is about a little boy who is trying to keep bedtime from coming and his Dad's reactions to all his antics.

To turn this into a lesson, it would be very easy to do a Venn diagram together to compare!

I will also next time make a list of other stories and songs we know that involve sleep. Some off the top of my head-  Frere Jacques (song), The Rabbit who wants to Fall asleep, Goodnight Moon, The Going to Bed Book, Berenstain Bears' Bedtime Battle.

What other books can you think of that fit this theme?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...