Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Some centre activities

I'm trying  to expand our centres more and have been trying a lot of different things. Those that are a success will repeat, and those that are failures will not make a return appearance.


My kids match these letter magnets to the same letter on this large card.

I found this collection of sight word pages in our staff room bookshelf and incorporated them into a centre.

Flash Word cards. Look at the picture to read the word to your partner.

This letter trace activity is because so many of my kids make letters and numbers backwards, and/or forget to make letters as tall as they should be.

Blocks will always be a favourite activity during our centres. You are always guaranteed one "fun" centre.

I inherited these laminated sheets from the previous first grade teacher in my room. My kids love any read the room activity because they get to move around.



***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Letter Reversal Bundle



Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!



1 comment:

  1. Do you teach letter sounds and blending? Looks like you're having fun up there!

    ReplyDelete

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...