Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A few school shots the last two weeks.

We did a short Dr. Seuss author study and began the unit by learning a few fun facts about him and making puppets of him. Aren't they cute?

We had report card day/parent teacher interviews, so I put this note and Superhero on our whiteboard. I also played a slideshow of ALL the pictures I've taken of the class since the start of the year. Some parents noticed, others didn't, but  the kids who came in with their caregivers loved seeing their faces up on our smartboard.

We finally had our 50th day of school, this week will be our 60th (I know, it seems late, but when you factor in not starting until after Labour Day, the annual convention and a few PD days, it's right on track.)

We read If I Ran the Zoo, and so we each designed our own CRAZY animals and put them in cages.

The school community hosted a Literacy Carnival, and so I brought my classes very favourite centre right now, our playdough mats. I use Plasticine because I had it on hand, and because it last so much longer.

We had two days of Horton when studying Dr. Seuss, since we read Horton Hears a Who and Horton Hatches the Egg. So of course we had to make Horton Ears!

We also had to make Horton's flower. For the speck of dust on the flower we glued on a googly eye. Cute, right?

Our Horton flowers were attached to these response sheets I made for the class. I told Horton that I have the best class in the school.

My fellow first grade teacher for our final Seuss day activity made these Pinterest Inspired Cat in the Hat hats.

And these Green eggs in Ham.

And Now while I sit here I realize there are a few things in my classroom I've forgotten to take a picture of....




***********************************************************
If you would like me to review other books for kids please leave a comment. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
Letter Reversal Bundle



Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...