Thursday, October 30, 2014

Super Alphabet match

Despite my class being in first grade, we are doing a lot of centres work on what is considered Kindergarten work. 

In order to start guided reading in my school board, students need to pass the Emergent literacy test, and only a handful in my class have, So... during centre time, and during our morning circle for calendar and weather, etc, we have been working on the skills that will allow us to move forward. 

The Emergent test tests students on letter names, sounds, sight words, concepts of print and a few other items. 

The pictured centre is quickly becoming a favourite. 
It's not mine though, you can download it for free from b-inspiredmama


***********************************************************
If you are interested in being a guest blogger, or would like me to guest post on your blog, please comment below or email me. I would LOVE to collaborate.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom?
Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Reading with Mrs D


Today's featured resource: 
product_0

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...