Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seasons class project

One class project we did to finish off our Daily and Seasonal Changes Science unit was this four poster set of an apple tree through the seasons.

We included the Cree name of each Season at the bottom of the poster to be locally inclusive. Four of the images on each poster are from Mr. Collinson, and the additional fifth on each have a local seasonal activity which my students can really connect to.
Summer: Blueberry picking
Fall: Moose Hunting
Winter: Ice fishing
Spring: Canoeing (this one was hard to decide, next year I may decide on a better option).

Technically if I wanted to be true to the Cree heritage of my students I should have included two additional seasons which are water/ice related: Break up and Freeze up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...