Sunday, March 5, 2017

Poll: Cursive

Please Note, I have reached 100 responses, and am now sorting through the responses to share in a future post!

POLL RESULTS ARE NOW POSTED
SURVEY
Part One: Why Teachers Hate Cursive
Part Two: Why Teachers Love Cursive
Part Three: Old and New Ways to Teach Cursive

I wonder, how many people teach cursive?



I remember learning it in grade TWO, and then our teacher in grade THREE saying how awful our cursive was and insisting that we start over. Needless to say I seldom use my cursive today.

I've mostly taught grade one, so of course I haven't had cursive come up in conversation much. Printing is still an issue in first grade.

However I taught 3rd for a year and we taught it as a filler for early finishers. It was more of a self taught study.

When I taught grade five at a private school the principal wanted me to teach it to them because he felt it was a lost art that they hadn't had much chance to learn. It was also mostly an activity for early finishers though.

I did require them to practice using their cursive by copying their spelling words into cursive one night as homework.



I would LOVE if you filled out this survey and shared the link so your colleagues can also fill it out!



I WILL share the results after survey reaches enough responses.
EDIT: POLL RESULTS ARE NOW POSTED:
SURVEY
Part One: Why Teachers Hate Cursive
Part Two: Why Teachers Love Cursive
Part Three: Old and New Ways to Teach Cursive


Create your own user feedback survey 


**********************************************************
Is there a survey I should post next? Leave a comment!

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom? Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Reading with Mrs D

Today's featured resource:
Cookie Number Playdough Mats

Help support Reading With Mrs. D and our family. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...