Friday, March 3, 2017

YouTube Video of the week #1: DIY Spring Tree Terrarium

Check out this video from PBS Parents for an awesome spring craft!

Here's an AWESOME craft to make during your arts period this spring. It may not be the best choice for our youngest learners, but I LOVE how kids in grade 1 or 2 could succeed at making it (or slightly younger homeschoolers with parental supervision).

OR it could also be a craft to do with an older buddy class. I'm a HUGE proponent of learning activities with our buddy classes, not just reading with them.

As soon as my jar of jam is done this weekend, I think I'm going to ty this out with my five year old daughter. I think she'd love it.

Why? Well in our house Daddy is a Lumberjack (Arbourist) and therefore trees feature heavily in the revolution of our family life. She currently wants to be a lumberjack like Daddy AND a police officer like Officer Hopps in Zootopia.

I'm going to make an event out of it by first going for a walk in the woods in search of the PERFECT twig to fit in the jar. Perhaps, we'll bring the jar with us? I'm afraid to drop it and break the glass though...





If you would like to suggest YOUR video to be our new featured video of the week, please leave a link in the comments. It must be useful to either teachers or parents of children age 4 to grade 2.

Want to find awesome resources for your Early Childhood Education classroom? Visit Reading With Mrs. D on Teachers Pay Teachers.
Reading with Mrs D

Today's featured resource:
Saint Patrick's Day Scrambled Sentences


Help support Reading With Mrs. D. Join Swagbucks and we can both earn money to spend on our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Love me, you really love ME!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...